Friday 13 May 2016

Success depends on attitude.

                             
 
In life there are two types of people. The ones who believe they can and the ones who think they can't and both are usually right. Success is a matter of various fragments combined up to become a strong foundation for success and our attitude is one of those crucial fragments. Our belief actually determines what we will become. Whenever we tell ourselves that we can't do something, we are actually putting in our brain a great negativity and are creating a boundation that we might ultimately feel. When that thing creeps in thins starting going backwards and we start falling down. I have undergone various circumstances and such things have happened with me. Let me give you my own example, while I was preparing for an entrance exam in full swing, what happened I developed a habit of reading everyday about the toppers of that exam. These people had been working hard for almost five to six years to crack the exam but I had started just three months back. When I came to know that they had already completed their syllabus around two or three years back and I realized that I had not even completed the whole syllabus before a month for the exam, I got disheartened. Though I had been preparing with great zeal and I was mastering almost every topic, but suddenly a fear of failure struck me and my mind told me after reading about the toppers, that its almost impossible for me to get through. That thing became my boundation and things continued worsening. When I had started studying (three months back before the exam) I was scoring full in almost all of the difficult chapters but as soon as I read such things, all of this just occupied my mind and the zeal to carry on was soon replaced by the fear of failure. Now when the fear of failure came in, rather than focusing on concepts, I started focusing on predicting my marks for the exam and this too took away most of the time. The pressure of preparing in such a small times marred my performance and ultimately just due to this pressure I scored low (though I cleared the exam but still the scores according to me were much lower than that I deserved). 

All this happened after reading the success stories of the topper, my mind told me that I can't and if we go according to the above said aphorism, I made a great mistake. Each one of us have been gifted with a different brain. Its not necessary that I could not have done in three months what they did in around two to four years (because I cleared the exam without any guidance or teacher(though I had joined a coaching but I just continued it for around one and a half months) and they had been preparing for almost three to four years with complete coaching), but what stopped me to perform to my best was the fear of failure. Hence the magnitude of the influence of our attitude towards something actually shapes the way we think about that thing and perform at it and hence its pretty necessary that we stick to something and really believe that yes we can do it otherwise if we keep on thinking that we can't we would never be able to do that thing.

JAI HIND, JAI BHARAT
JAI MA BHARTI

No comments:

Post a Comment