Monday 10 August 2015

Desire to win is more important than winning itself.

In my previous blogs I have already written a couple of times that to win you must fail. But let me tell you something important besides this fact. It doesn't always matter whether you win or lose but what matters most is whether you have the desire to win. Nobody has nothing to do with your failure, what actually matters is whether you still have the desire to persevere. Remember the tough gets going when the going gets tough. 
In this life everything is difficult just so that only the greats could make it through, you might lose a couple of times, you might face crushing defeat, no matter how much  hard you prepare but you must lose.
 Let me tell you the story of a boy. The boy started swimming and got good at it. He was pretty good but one day around the age of ten, he took part in a championship and lost. The boy broke down crying really hard, a swimming coach approached him and asked him, "what's the matter boy?'. He answered while crying, "I wanted to win and I had prepared really hard but I lost". The coach asked,"Do you wanna run away or give it another try?'. The boy suddenly blurted out,"One day I would win" and after just five years the boy went to Sydney Olympics in 2000 and after that in 2004, created his own swimming records. The boy was none other than Micheal Phelps, the legendary American swimmer and the coach was none other than Barry Bowman, Micheal's coach who coached him after this incident. 
When years later, Bowman was asked, what quality of Phelps propelled him to come ahead and train him. Bowman said,"It never mattered to me whether he won the race or not but something that mattered was that the desire to win was always there in his eyes." 
You too need the same thing to be phenomenal. Once you lose that desire to win and be great, you stop winning, you stop being great , you actually commit spiritual and mental suicide because you have stopped living your life. 
Abraham Lincoln lost more than half of the election he ever fought, he was even rejected for the post of a land officer, but he always had a desire to win, to try and try and try until the goal is reached. Martin Luther King Jr. once said,"If I can't run, I will walk; if I can't walk, I will crawl but I will, one day reach my goal." Great people are not those who always win but the ones who never leave the desire to win.

At last I would like to sum up with some beautiful words from Abraham Lincoln that "Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

No comments:

Post a Comment